Mary Oliver Humanities Lecture Series
- Categories: Lectures | Authors
- Event posted: April 8, 2010
- Last updated: April 29, 2011
- Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Lied Center, 1600 Stewart Drive, KU campus, Lawrence
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: All ages
The author of 18 collections of poetry, most notably the Pulitzer Prize-winning American Primitive (1983) and New and Selected Poems, Volume One (1992), which garnered a National Book Award, Mary Oliver will share her work and take questions from the audience. Her most recent collections are The Truro Bear and Other Adventures (2008), new poems and beloved classics about creatures of all sorts, and Evidence (2009). Red Bird (2008) was an immediate national bestseller. Oliver is a past recipient of the Guggenheim Fellowship.