Bobby Conn / Drakkar Sauna
Related lawrence.com band pages
If you went, you might have heard
- The Debut of the Tambourine Shoe
- Glissade Pressee
- Narcissus 30 - Apollo 11
- River of Jordan
- Spear for When the Bear Comes
- Teach Me Your Legs
- Very Much Alone pt. 2: The Coke Binge
- Very Much Alone pt. 4: O, Fuck, I'm Fucked. Fuck.
- Friday, June 11, 2010, 10 p.m.
- The Replay Lounge, 946 Mass., Lawrence
- Cost: $3
- Age limit: Not available
On the heels of their Louvin Brothers tribute record "Wars and Tornadoes," Drakkar Sauna latest release, "20009," finds the band returning to established Sauna form with subplots of spears, space, and old people. The music is less old-timey and more present-timey, rife with blaring trumpets, barroom piano tinkling, regal harmonies, and sing-along melodies.