Fourth of July / Drakkar Sauna
Related lawrence.com band pages
If you went, you might have heard
- The Debut of the Tambourine Shoe
- Glissade Pressee
- Narcissus 30 - Apollo 11
- River of Jordan
- Spear for When the Bear Comes
- Teach Me Your Legs
- Very Much Alone pt. 2: The Coke Binge
- Very Much Alone pt. 4: O, Fuck, I'm Fucked. Fuck.
- A Cloud of Smoke
- Before It Rains
- Hard Times
- It's Impossible
- (It Wasn't God Who Made) Honky Tonk Angels
- Not a City
- Preacher's Daughter
- She's In Love
- The Faint
- Categories: Rock
- Event posted: Dec. 29, 2009
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Friday, Feb. 12, 2010, 10 p.m.
- The Eighth Street Tap Room, 801 N.H., Lawrence
- Cost: $3
- Age limit: 21+
Ranging from tuneful indie folk to jubilant pop-rock, Lawrence's Fourth of July is one of Lawrence's most consistently awesome bands. The group will soon release the follow-up to its well-received debut album "Fourth of July on the Plains."
On the heels of their Louvin Brothers tribute record "Wars and Tornadoes," Drakkar Sauna latest release — "20009" — finds them returning to established Sauna subplots like spears, space, and old people. The music is less old-timey and more present-timey, rife with blaring trumpets, barroom piano tinkling, regal harmonies, and sing-along melodies. Listen to our podcast preview of "20009" with Drakkar Sauna.
Rooftop Vigilantes are no longer on the bill.