Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich will visit Kansas University’s Dole Institute
- Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009, 7:30 p.m.
- Dole Institute of Politics, KU campus, Lawrence
- Age limit: Not available
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich will visit Kansas University’s Dole Institute in one of a series of events this fall.
Gingrich, who served as Speaker of the House from 1995 to 1999, is scheduled to speak at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 4. Doors open at 6 p.m., and free seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Other upcoming free events open to the public at the Dole Institute include:
• Washington Post reporter Dan Balz discusses “2008: Obama’s Victory,” 7:30 p.m. Oct. 21.
• Brian Katulis, who monitored elections in Afghanistan, discusses national security strategy with Afghanistan and Pakistan, 4:30 p.m. Oct. 26.
• USA Today correspondent Susan Page and Politico columnist Roger Simon present “2010 and Beyond,” discussing the president and midterm elections, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28.
• Radhika Coomaraswamy, the United Nations undersecretary general for children and armed conflict, talks about the global plight of children, 10 a.m. Oct. 30.