Magnolia Electric Co.
with Drakkar Sauna / Thousand Arrows
Related lawrence.com band pages
If you went, you might have heard
- The Debut of the Tambourine Shoe
- Glissade Pressee
- Narcissus 30 - Apollo 11
- River of Jordan
- Spear for When the Bear Comes
- Teach Me Your Legs
- Very Much Alone pt. 2: The Coke Binge
- Very Much Alone pt. 4: O, Fuck, I'm Fucked. Fuck.
- Sunday, May 24, 2009, 10 p.m.
- The Jackpot Music Hall, 943 Mass., Lawrence
- Cost: $7 - $9
- Age limit: 18+
Magnolia Electric Company is the ongoing project of songwriter Jason Molina (a.k.a. Songs: Ohia). Favoring the raw immediacy of quick-take recordings a la Neil Young and Crazy Horse, this Chicago five piece's recent albums are sharply executed affairs with a more rocked-up flair than Molina's sparse solo efforts. His deep voice anchors the whole distorted blizzard, tossing off poetic truisms like an old soul with a score to settle. The Magnolia crew recently released a digital EP titled "It's Made Me Cry" in advance of an album to be released later this year.