Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele
with 1,000,000 Light Years
- Categories: Singer/songwriter
- Event posted: March 25, 2009
- Last updated: May 14, 2009
- Sunday, May 17, 2009, 10 p.m.
- The Jackpot Music Hall, 943 Mass., Lawrence
- Cost: $7 - $9
- Age limit: 18+
If Dent May didn't play ukulele, he'd probably be a lounge singer aboard an island cruise. May's unique vocal style - part crooner, part falsetto, and all showman - recalls love-cursed crooners like Jens Lekmen and Jonathan Richman. One second his songs hint at Brazilian tropicalia; the next at a barbershop quartet singing golden oldies. Born and raised in Mississippi, May's southern charms are hard to resist on his debut album "The Good Feeling Music of Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele." Bring a date tonight, or at least a couple good pick-up lines.