“Spirit of 1976: Why the Presidential Campaign is a Classic”
- Categories: Politics | All
- Event posted: March 3, 2009
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 7:30 p.m.
- Dole Institute of Politics, KU campus, Lawrence
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: All ages
With Jody Powell, press secretary for President Jimmy Carter, and Scott Burnett, Director of the Presidential Speakers Bureau during the Carter administration. Dole Institute director Bill Lacy will interview these two top Carter officials about the 1976 campaign. The ’76 campaign, like the 2008 presidential campaign, was one of the most exciting and well-followed campaigns in our nation’s history. Powell and Burnett will look back on that year and comment on this historic campaign which elected a small state Governor as President of the United States.