Drakkar Sauna CD release
Related lawrence.com band pages
If you went, you might have heard
- The Debut of the Tambourine Shoe
- Glissade Pressee
- Narcissus 30 - Apollo 11
- River of Jordan
- Spear for When the Bear Comes
- Teach Me Your Legs
- Very Much Alone pt. 2: The Coke Binge
- Very Much Alone pt. 4: O, Fuck, I'm Fucked. Fuck.
- Saturday, Aug. 22, 2009, 10 p.m.
- The Jackpot Music Hall, 943 Mass., Lawrence
- Cost: $6 - $8
- Age limit: 18+
On the heels of their Louvin Brothers tribute record "Wars and Tornadoes," Drakkar Sauna presents "20009" — a return to established Sauna subplots like spears, space, and old people. The music is less old-timey and more present-timey, rife with blaring trumpets, barroom piano tinkling, regal harmonies, and sing-along melodies. Listen to our podcast with Drakkar Sauna regarding "20009."