O’Death / Drakkar Sauna
Related lawrence.com band pages
If you went, you might have heard
- The Debut of the Tambourine Shoe
- Glissade Pressee
- Narcissus 30 - Apollo 11
- River of Jordan
- Spear for When the Bear Comes
- Teach Me Your Legs
- Very Much Alone pt. 2: The Coke Binge
- Very Much Alone pt. 4: O, Fuck, I'm Fucked. Fuck.
- Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2008, 10 p.m.
- The Jackpot Music Hall, 943 Mass., Lawrence
- Cost: $8 - $10
- Age limit: 18+
This New York City band's high-energy gypsy music is influenced in equal measure by punk, bluegrass, old-timey folk and lo-fi indie rock. Imagine a band of gypsies breaking into your house and drinking all your beer and raiding your stash of banjos, fiddles, trombones and ukuleles -- yeah, sounds something like that. Or like Emmet Otter's Jug Band if they got into a contract dispute with Jim Henson and went rogue. Or like beards that learned to play instruments.Drakkar Sauna's new album "Wars & Tornadoes" is a collection of Louvin Brothers covers. Songs of old-timey despair and redemption from the '40s and '50s by a couple of siblings who were torn apart by alcoholism never sounded so toe tappin'.
Low Tide- O'Death