Related lawrence.com band pages
If you went, you might have heard
- Move to Nashville allows Lawrence's Sarah Buxton to achieve her country singing and songwriting dreams (July 13, 2007)
- Homecoming Queen: Songwriter Sarah Buxton performs her first hometown show since leaving for Nashville nearly a decade ago (Sept. 4, 2007)
- Queen of the Road: Nashville star Sarah Buxton returns to Lawrence for a homecoming show (Sept. 4, 2007)
- Categories: Country
- Event posted: July 25, 2007
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Thursday, Sept. 6, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
- Abe & Jake's Landing, 8 E. Sixth, Lawrence
- Cost: $25 - $100
- Age limit: All ages
It's been a big year for Lawrence native Sarah Buxton, as typified by the news last week that she had received her first-ever Country Music Association nomination. As one of the writers of "Stupid Boy," recorded by Keith Urban, Buxton earned a nod for CMA Song of the Year. Buxton will celebrate the good tidings with her hometown when she heads up from Nashville to perform a benefit concert for the LMH Endowment Association's Penny Jones golf tournament.GA tickets are $25; VIP tickets are available and are $100. VIP tickets include a meet and greet from 5:30-6:30 p.m., food, drink tickets and reserved seating. Tickets are available at Abe & Jake's Landing, The Eldridge and the Gift Shop at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.