“Retrospective at Mid-Career: Some Observations on Curatorial Practice and Contemporary Art”
The 2007 Murphy Distinguished Alumni Lecture
- Categories: Lectures | Art
- Event posted: Oct. 24, 2007
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 2007, 12:15 p.m.
- Spencer Museum of Art, 1301 Miss., KU campus, Lawrence
- Age limit: Not available
Marla Prather is an independent scholar and KU alumna who has held curatorial positions at the Whitney Museum of American Art, the National Gallery of Art, and the Tate Collection in London. Prather is a native of Salina and received her undergraduate and master's degrees from KU. She has co- authored books on Willem De Kooning, Alexander Calder, Lucas Samaras, and Paul Gaugin, among others, as well as A History of Modern Art: Painting, Sculpture, Architecture, Photography.