Turtle Island String Quartet
- Experimental Turtle Island quartet tackles Coltrane epic (Feb. 10, 2006)
- Categories: Classical
- Event posted: May 26, 2005
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Friday, Feb. 10, 2006, 7:30 p.m.
- Lied Center, 1600 Stewart Drive, KU campus, Lawrence
- Cost: $11.50 - $28
- Age limit: All ages
Long before crossover became fashionable, Turtle Island String Quartet was immersed in assimilating classical string tradition with the diverse influences of jazz, folk and other so-called American music. Now celebrating its 20th anniversary season, Turtle Island returns to the Lied Center with "A Love Supreme," a concert highlighting the legacy of jazz legend John Coltrane. TISQ sheds new light on one of the most enduring jazz recordings of all time, continuing its role as an innovator of bold, new trends in chamber music and a well-earned reputation as a string quartet for the 21st century.