Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Letter: KU hindsight

Comments

Abdu Omar 10 months ago

Perhaps this is the time you should keep quiet. A loss is sometimes good for a team even if we don't like it.

Rob Chestnut 10 months ago

This is a team that is 10-2 in the best conference (by RPI) in the country. The schedule is favorable for them to win the league, and I expect them to do it as they have the last 9 times. K-State is looking to break into the Top 25 again, and Texas is now No. 19.

What happened Monday night? K-State played harder. This is pretty common during league play when you have 18 games and everyone wants a piece of you.

The non-conference losses this year were against teams now ranked No. 2, No. 6 and No. 9 in the country along with Colorado who was in the Top 25 until they lost their best player.

While I would love another 30 win year (which is now the expectation based on our average over the last 10 years), sometimes the schedule just doesn't line up. Timing is everything, and the youngest team certainly I can remember got to play the toughest schedule in the country.

This will be a team that people will want to avoid in NCAA play. Hopefully, we will be ready for the challenge.

Go Hawks!

Brian Mellor 10 months ago

Why on earth would you take the time to write an LTE about the coaching in a basketball game?

The team that wanted it more got it, as they usually do when skills are comparable. And sometimes, it is simply impossible to want it more than your opposition.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.