April 18, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
Roughly half of the people treated for heart attack have normal cholesterol levels. Roughly half of the people with elevated cholesterol levels never get heart disease. Cholesterol levels are a horrible predictor of heart disease because cholesterol isn't the problem. There is a growing chorus of cardiologists and cardiac surgeons that say inflammation is the problem, not cholesterol. The low fat, high carbohydrate diet that doctors are still pushing on us is the culprit. Eskimo Indians used to survive almost exclusively on saturated caribou fat and whale blubber. Heart disease and obesity were unheard of in those populations until they adopted our "heart healthy" diet. The USDA and their dietary recommendations are literally killing us. The same grains that farmers use to fatten their cattle for slaughter are exactly what the USDA recommends we eat in large quantities. It's no wonder we have such a problem with obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Jayhawker signature fish plate, $7.95-$9.95.
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Buy 1, Get 1 specials!
· Buy any small pizza, get a 1-topping small ...
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Fish & Chips
· Lightly breaded tilapia served on a bed of ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Ancho chicken and rice taco salad.
· Our new menu is almost entirely gluten-free!
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
· Choose two different meats from these options: St. ...
$1 off any Biggs signature sandwich!
· Lunchtime only.
Wheat State Pizza
Large 5 Topping Pizza
· Every day: get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
23rd Street Brewery
23rd Street chicken Caesar salad or New York reuben
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Rich, creamy, mildly spiced, and extremely flavorful coconut-based ...