Breaking news

Freed: Cheick Diallo finally cleared by NCAA updated 2 hours, 36 minutes ago

Reader comments

On 'Jeannie' actress Barbara Eden dreams of Jayhawk basketball

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 9 months ago

Many years ago, I met a young man who had run away to Hollywood, as many do, hoping for fame and stardom. But, as with almost all, that never happened. But he told me he did really well in Hollywood, he got a steady job as a grip. A grip is a person that moves stage props around between takes of a film or movie, or works behind the curtain between the scenes of a stage play. You'll never see a grip on the screen or stage. But, if you watch really closely as the screen credits roll at the end of a movie, you might see the names of the grips.

He actually met Barbara Eden, and he was really impressed with her. She was not snotty at all, as many of the actors or actresses were. Most of them seemed to think they were much better and more important than the grips, but he said Barbara Eden was never like that at all. I believe his exact words were: "She's the nicest person you could imagine!"

And, he also met and spent some time with her now deceased only son, and told me a bit about his personal life. It seemed funny at the time, but it sure doesn't seem that way now. What he had to say might be construed as a harbinger of his tragic death.

Clark Coan 1 year, 9 months ago

I remember when Lorne Green of "Bonanza" fame attended a KU football game during the great 1867-1968 season when KU went to the Orange Bowl. They had him stand up and as a kid I ran over to where he was sitting and looked at him.

Scott Morgan 1 year, 9 months ago

With all the general "yuckiness" going around this area, weather a major issue, what a cool fun story. Think I saw every one of her shows, at least twice.

Russell Fryberger 1 year, 9 months ago

Barbara Eden as Jeannie still holds the record for prettiest sitcom female.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.