Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Letter: Rights for all

Comments

Larry Sturm 8 months, 2 weeks ago

It must be an awesome job to be governor or legislature in the state of Kansas. They know more about education than the educators, more about global warming than the world scientists, more about farming than the farmer making a living farming, more about women's health and body than the women themselves,more about religion than the theologians. All they can think of is cutting taxes and pandering the rich.

Bart Johnson 8 months, 2 weeks ago

That's government for you. The best thing to do is just get rid of all government.

James Howlette 8 months, 2 weeks ago

If you elect people who opine that government is a terrible thing, they will prove you right.

Doesn't matter who is elected, the results are always the same. If you haven't learned that by now, you haven't been paying attention.

Stop criticizing Obama. The results would have been the same with Romney or McCain. Stop trashing democrats. The results are the same with republicans. Stop trying to influence the way in which anyone votes. "The results are always the same."

Of course it would be the same with Romney or McCain. Voting is pointless. Get rid of the government entirely.

I suggest you move to your own island and do just that. Meanwhile, you should have no comments on the actions or positions of individual politicians or individual laws, since voting is pointless and government inevitably the same.

Well, I can't afford an island because the government consumes so much of my wealth I have very little left to buy islands.

And of course voting is pointless. All you're doing is picking between one mafia crime boss and another. All I'm going is pointing that out. The only way to do that is to comment on these criminals and their policies.

Larry Sturm 8 months, 2 weeks ago

They also know more about guns than law enforcement.

Fred Mertz 8 months, 2 weeks ago

I am looking forward to Brownback being re-elected and with a second term to have a mandate from the people to further push his conservative agenda.

Charles Fogarty 8 months, 2 weeks ago

I have never been more deeply ashamed of my native state. It's hard to believe that the impetus to settle Kansas was to make it a free state, dedicated to advancing rights, not limiting them. Let us hope that the courts will quickly rule this legislated religious bigotry will be ruled unconstitutional, because we know the Senate and Brownback will sign this horrible act into law.

Kate Rogge 8 months, 2 weeks ago

When does religious freedom mean freedom to discriminate? When you live in Kansas during an election year. What a shameful time. We all deserve much better from each other and from our state government. http://www.thenation.com/blog/178393/when-does-religious-freedom-mean-freedom-discriminate?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=headline_nation&utm_campaign=Headline%20Nation%202014-02-14

Commenting has been disabled for this item.