Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Editorial: Reasonable requirement

Comments

Bob Zimmerman 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Get their DNA! Make them take polygraph tests! Have them pee in a cup!

We all know that public employees are either lazy or preverts..or both. Unless they own a gun...then they are OK.

Dan Dimmitt 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Its an easy problem to solve: just hire some of those demoralized TSA employees that you hear about and put two of them in every school. They would be almost as cheap to hire as those uncertified pseudo teachers the legislature has suggested, and we would be assured of a demoralized but secure pseudo educated society of some sort. What could be more reasonable than that?

Phillip Chappuie 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Is this brought to us by the folks for less government? Who is going to pay for this nonsense? And if it stands that this makes sense, bus up the bucks and do background checks and fingerprinting of all youth league coaches, rec center employees, referees, concession stand workers, all janitorial and groundskeeper staff, lifeguards, movie theater attendants, everybody at the mall. Yes, anybody who has any contact.

Sam Crow 10 months, 1 week ago

I used to work for a Fortune 100 company in a professional position. . I was required to pee in a cup. I also underwent an extensive background check on a bi-annual basis, which included a criminal record check, credit check and driving record check.

That is not unusual in the world of big business.

So I dont see a problem with someone teaching kids to have to be fingerprinted for a background check.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.