Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Letter: Common sense

Comments

Matthew Herbert 10 months, 3 weeks ago

In your own letter you mention how shooters have targeted schools. How is that possible if guns are banned in schools? Certainly a paper law and a sticker on the door saying "No Guns" is an effective deterrent to criminal activity. You make the same Utopian mistake so many others make in creating legislation- you forget that criminals, by their very definition, break laws.

Fred Mertz 10 months, 3 weeks ago

No law or sign prohibiting guns is going to stop an "irrational" person from bringing a gun into the establishment and using it to murder innocent people.

I can respect differing opinions, but look down upon those that try to make their point by disparaging another with lies as the LTE writer did when he suggested Paul supports irrational people being heavily armed.

Why not state your opposition to the bill, without resorting to lies?

Beator 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I thought it was postal employees were the ones going postal?

Fred Mertz 10 months, 3 weeks ago

It was Mike, but the use of facts doesn't support their anti-second Amendment agenda.

Scott Burkhart 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Let me understand this. Are you saying that the laws forbidding a gun in the post office are better at deterring gun violence than laws for murder? Well, there you go everybody. Liberalism at its core. Results mean nothing it is only about intent. Unbelievable.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.