Discussions

Reader comments

On Lawrence blasted with snow, but drivers avoid serious accidents; KU, schools close a second day

Comments

Kendall Simmons 1 year, 2 months ago

My gosh. Seven deliveries in the afternoon was "about twice as many deliveries as we usually have"...while there was practically zero walk-in traffic?? And their delivery driver gets "stalled out on the 11th Street hill and had to push a girl’s car who got stuck”??

Hot Box Cookies corporate management in Columbia, MO needs to seriously rethink their corporate approach...and give their individual store "general managers" the authority to make intelligent, SAFE decisions.

John Yocum 1 year, 2 months ago

I'm sorry, but the people ordering cookies for delivery during a major snow storm need to check their priorities. Putting a driver at risk both physically and financially so you can have some warm cookies is pretty self-centered.

Fred Mion 1 year, 2 months ago

My thoughts, too, John. The same for people who won't go out in this weather but have no problem asking the pizza or Chinese food delivery driver to go out in it -- and then they complain that it took too long.

Bob Forer 1 year, 2 months ago

The owners of the businesses who expect their employees to deliver in these conditions are the real culprits.

Bob Forer 1 year, 2 months ago

Kudos to the city of Lawrence Public Works Department. I think they have done a fantastic job so far.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.