April 18, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
"... to create a logo promoting Lawrence as 'the cradle of basketball'."
Here's an idea: let's have a contest among all Lawrence children and KU students to design such a logo. Surely such a 'crowd-sourced' logo would end up being much better and cheaper than blowing part of that $15,000 on some professional's effort.
As I said, if they're too cheap to spend a quarter to get off, we don't need them. As for Columbia, its just gas, food, restroom break. Have never ventured more than a couple of blocks off for any of those. If you like Columbia so much better, maybe you should move there.
There would be tourists, if the millions of potential tourists zipping by Lawrence, did not have to pay money to get off the interstate to visit Lawrence.
I guess this beats "the Cradle of Bloody Kansas" or "KU: where academics ain't important".
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
· Choose two different meats from these options: St. ...
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Fish & Chips
· Lightly breaded tilapia served on a bed of ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Rich, creamy, mildly spiced, and extremely flavorful coconut-based ...
Wheat State Pizza
Large 5 Topping Pizza
· Every day: get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Ancho chicken and rice taco salad.
· Our new menu is almost entirely gluten-free!
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Jayhawker signature fish plate, $7.95-$9.95.
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
23rd Street Brewery
23rd Street chicken Caesar salad or New York reuben
Buy 1, Get 1 specials!
· Buy any small pizza, get a 1-topping small ...
$1 off any Biggs signature sandwich!
· Lunchtime only.