April 16, 2014 |
60° Fair and Windy
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
The violent hatred of Americans, Christians, and Jews continues to be promoted by Muslim leaders worldwide and preached in over 1200 mosques in the USofA. Most of the mosques in the USofA were built within the last 12 years with Saudi money, and led by notorious Wahhabi clerics -- from the same branch of Islam that Osama bin Laden followed.
1) The United States and Saudi Arabia have very different political systems and a very different culture, and that can lead to many misunderstandings. There is no way that will change within the next several generations. International relationships can sour and have soured very quickly many times in history, and it appears that may be happening now between the United States and quite a few other nations.
"Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests."
- Lord Palmerston, British statesman (1784 - 1865)
My opinion is that the administration in Washington, D.C. is doing an excellent job of messing things up the next several generations. Politicians rarely seem to worry about problems that will arise after their term in office is complete, it takes a statesman to do that. And, it seems that very few statesmen have been elected lately. Who would vote for a statesman? The problem is, a statesman is going to be honest during a campaign, skips the slogans, won't make rosy promises for the future, and the only promise you'll get is that he/she will do the best job possible for the nation's future. But, most of the public is only concerned about right now, so don't expect a statesman in Washington D.C. anytime soon.
"Every nation gets the government it deserves."
- Joseph de Maistre, French Savoyard philosopher, writer, lawyer, and diplomat (1753 -1821)
I tend to think that the United States needs Saudi Arabia much more than Saudi Arabia needs the United States because the United States requires the importation of so much crude oil in order for things to continue normally. There is no shortage of buyers for crude oil, and China's projected demand dwarfs the amount that the United States purchases today. So, Saudi Arabia can easily select another purchaser for their crude oil, if they choose to do so.
If large amounts of crude oil begin to trade hands with another currency or physical gold or possibly other precious metals or items, The US Dollar is likely to lose its status as the world's reserve currency. That would be a disaster for us, as the US Dollar's status as the world's reserve currency is the major reason why the United States can continue deficit spending, seemingly without limit.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
· Small 1-topping pizza, $3.75. Medium 1-topping pizza, $5.75. ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
99¢ kids meals with purchase of an adult entrée
· Kids 10 and under can choose from the ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
40¢ Bites & 50¢ Wings All Day Long!
· Our menu is almost entirely gluten-free!
Five Dollar Burger Baskets!
· Any of our famous burgers - get here ...
23rd Street Brewery
Thai chicken salad or blanken burger
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Pulled Pork Sandwich
· Premium pulled pork stacked on a Kaiser bun, ...
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Wheat State Pizza
X-Large 5-topping or specialty pizza.
· Every day: get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Jayhawker signature pasta, $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Delectable combination of rice and Indian herbs/spices cooked ...