Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Editorial: Presidential pitchman

Comments

Milton Bland 5 months, 3 weeks ago

There was very little bi-partisan support for Obamacare, if any at all. The legislation was forced through by Harry Reid on a late night congressional technicality. Democrats keep claiming it is a legitimate law, but in fact it is not. The Supreme Court upheld part of the "law", on a split vote, but that did very little to satisfy those of us who are upset with the way it was passed. One of our nations best neurosurgeons, Dr. Ben Carson, has labeled Obamacare as the worst law ever passed.

Radislav Radivinski 5 months, 3 weeks ago

"Obamacare has been approved by a bi-partisan Congressional vote..." Actually it wasn't.

Keith Richards 5 months, 3 weeks ago

I keep hearing different numbers about the cost of building the site. The lowest I have heard is $380,000,000. I am more offended by our govt agreeing to pay any company this amount of money to build this site when private co. have built similar platforms for hundreds of millions less. We all have hired incompetent people to work for us so I do not blame our govt for the bad product, that blame falls on the companies that were hired and paid to do the work (I hope we have not already paid these clowns for this work).
Few are talking about the cost of the product and seem to think this type of spending is the norm, which it is in D.C., which is also the biggest problem with our govt. The govt wants the sheeple to argue about who's at fault for the bugs in the site, not discuss the spending. I am perplexed as to how our govt can continue to operate with no budget. A budget that spends more then revenue should not be called a budget but a spending deficit. Until our leaders can produce a true balanced budget plan, it should be called a Deficit Spending Plan and admit their failure.

Florida Jayhawk 5 months, 4 weeks ago

$635,000,000 million dollars blown for a website, they took 3 years to build, now 5,000,000 lines of code must be re-written, there is nothing "affordable" about the "Affordable Care Act" and when people find out the deductibles are sky high for medical care and prescription drugs they are going to come unglued! It's a classic bait and switch! President Obama raised the Federal Poverty Rate to 400% above the traditional baseline, so he could give out government subsidies to people so they can afford the Affordable Care Act rates. It's a disaster of epic proportions.

Julius Nolan 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Realize editorial not signed, but sounds exactly like something Pat Roberts is currently spouting, maybe he's now ghost writing for J-W.

Richard Heckler 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Obamacare has been approved by a bi-partisan Congressional vote and the Supreme Court. What else is there?

For all anyone knows the Obamacare site could have been hacked by ALEC Right Wing Party members masquerading as republicans who disagree with Obamacare for reasons of profit.

Or perhaps it is mostly to make Obama look bad.

The ALEC Right Wing Party masquerading as republicans have offered up nothing but shutting down the economy and costing this nation $24 billion dollars.

The ALEC Right Wing Party masquerading as republicans dates back to the days of Newt introducing Contract For America ---- yes another reckless ALEC Right Wing Party masquerading as republicans masterpiece that began the death of the Republican Party.

The problem with Obamacare software could well be sabotage designed by an ALEC Right Wing Party masquerading as republicans supporter hired to do the software. The true Obama screw up. Hired the enemy.

The ALEC Right Wing Party masquerading as republicans has issued a canned response which this editorial demonstrates. This is the same misinformation that has been issued throughout the nation. Can we say blah blah blah blah blah blah..... yes we did.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.