Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Editorial: Election confusion

Comments

Richard Heckler 6 months ago

"Kobach has joined with Arizona officials in a lawsuit against the federal Election Assistance Commission, which has refused to alter federal voter registration forms in Kansas and Arizona to include the states’ proof-of-citizenship requirement because is says the state laws conflict with the requirements of the federal Motor Voter Act. As always"

It seems nothing has changed except in the eyes of the Brownback administration. These folks are all about more big government and wasting tax dollars.

Richard Heckler 6 months ago

"The legal confusion surrounding Kansas voter registration laws may have a big impact on voter participation in upcoming elections."

The primary right wing objective. Vote them out of office ASAP. They have no right to mess with voting laws as a matter of their personal agenda.

If anyone needs a birth certificate a copy can be obtained from the county seat of whatever state the birth transpired. Our experience has been quick and painless.

Kevin Elliott 6 months ago

It is clear that voter supression is the wave if the future.

I was taught in citizenship class that the vote was the most essencial part of our form of democracy. I believe that.

It is also very clear that a system that prohibits thousands and thousands of legitimate voters.from participating in democracy to prevent mayby 8 illegitimate (allegedly) votes shows a profound failure to of our democracy.

The profound failure of the people who support voter supression measures is they think the USA, the greatest nation on earth, can not figure out how to protect the process from a few illegal votes without tearing thousands.from their right to vote.

Those who think we can't or don't think it is worth the effort belittle our nations most sacred foundation.

They should be ashamed and I know.I am ashamed for them.

JayhawkFan1985 6 months ago

I see massive civil rights issues here. The irony is that most (but not all) US citizens have birth certificates stored at a state agency. Since the various states already know who these citizens are, why can't they access these records to verify who the citizens are? Answer, because this is about disenfranchising whole classes of people that Kowach and his ilk don't want to vote. This is wrong. It is like the poll taxes and other Jim Crow laws. I'm embarrassed for our state. Kansas...the new Mississippi.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.