Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: Phenom gives Royals hope for future during present collapse

Comments

Shardwurm 1 year, 3 months ago

Collapse? They're something like 12 games over .500 since the All Star Break. They've been playing incredibly well for the last two months and have put themselves in the playoff hunt.

If you want to talk about bad baseball, go back to May...or the seven game losing streak. But you can't call what is happening now a 'collapse'.

Ricky_Vaughn 1 year, 3 months ago

The Royals have one of their best records in team history after the ASB this year. This writer obviously doesn't know anything about the Royals.

average 1 year, 3 months ago

He stands a fine chance... of looking great in pinstripes some day.

Matthew Herbert 1 year, 3 months ago

ahhh..you must be refering to the Yankees. As in, the New York Yankees who currently hold the same record as the Kansas City Royals despite spending hundreds of millions more.

WarHawk78 1 year, 3 months ago

What collapse?! Who wrote this, or at least who wrote the headline?

Shane Garrett 1 year, 3 months ago

I told my friend before the game started, "as long as Kelvin Herrera does not pitch in relief we should be good". Why Ned, Why? IMHO, Yost has cost the Royals about 5 or more games this year, with hesitant pitching changes, and putting in pinch hitters that end up taking a called third strike.

Bob Forer 1 year, 3 months ago

"Dayton Moore’s pitching-first philosophy pays dividends."

To the extent that they are capable of playing better than .500 ball. The Royals will probably lead the American league in team ERA. I can't remember the last American league team ERA leader which made the playoffs.

Jim Tebow 1 year, 3 months ago

in 2012, 4 of the top 5 AL teams in ERA made the playoffs. In 2011, 3 of the top 5 did. It seems pretty clear that a good pitching staff is important to making the playoffs

Matthew Herbert 1 year, 3 months ago

Your facts are no match for TheSynchophant's blanket statements.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.