Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Public forum scheduled to discuss technical education center

Comments

Scott Morgan 7 months ago

geekin, having too much stress today, you are correct. Drive to Ottawa nowadays is a pc. of cake.

geekin_topekan 7 months ago

"in a much less stress free drive."

++++

Which would be more stressful?

Scott Morgan 7 months ago

Actually, this city does need at least a Tech School. Maybe two, one for more blue collar careers, one for more scientific/tech careers.

Who would have thunk, a certificate for specialized heating and cooling (Green Jobs) can and does guarantee a nice career and future.

Also, for some reason folks forget Neosho CCC has a campus in North Ottawa. With our new 4 lane superhighway replacing bloody 59, one can be quick like a bunny on campus in a much less stress free drive.

Lawrence Morgan 7 months, 1 week ago

Cowboy, you are exactly right.

I am working on a proposal for this very kind of community college, based on a variety of existing community colleges throughout the country--as well as new ideas, but it's going to take some time to finish it. Others may be working on ideas, as well.

cowboy 7 months, 1 week ago

Lawrence deserves better...a fully accredited votech and community college , not this subsidized local business training program. Why don't we have one ?

Richard Heckler 7 months, 1 week ago

The Chamber is pushing for home building classes. Things people learn on the job and have been for at least 250 years or more.

Richard Heckler 7 months, 1 week ago

I say the Chamber of Commerce should stay out of the way. We elected the BOE to deal with these matters. The public has zero input on what the Chamber does behind closed doors.

It was Chamber of Commerce influence that brought the district the $20 million expenditure on the various PLAY athletic expansion projects. Reckless spending of tax dollars the district did not have.

I DO NOT want the Chamber of Commerce tapping into USD 497 tax dollars for their projects. That is NOT what the voters intended when approving the bond money.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.