Discussions

Reader comments

On City balks at stiffening rules against dogs in public cemeteries

Comments

bearded_gnome 1 year, 7 months ago

Commissioners on Tuesday said they wanted to still allow pet owners to take their dogs to a grave site.

---yes Terry Riordan, dogs are very important to some people, that's right. perhaps stiffen the fine for feces left in cemetaries? but indeed do not outlaw dogs altogether.

RazzelT 1 year, 7 months ago

Check your facts. Harvey has a lost a daughter, not a son.

appleaday 1 year, 7 months ago

Many cities have dispensers containing plastic bags that are attached to trash cans along with signs reminding pet owners to pick up after their pets. I think there's a fine already in place that could be enforced. Of course, those inconsiderate enough to think they don't need to pick up after their pets probably won't respond to an ordinance.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 1 year, 7 months ago

"You rapscallions stay off of my (FOREST) LAWN!"

I heard that from a grave the other day as I was picking up dog droppings. The word in parentheses may not be correct as it was somewhat muffled, but it definitely was an "f" word.

Seriously, though... I see no reason to embalm and entomb the dead in an attempt to "respect" or glorify them. What are we, a bunch of zombie worshipers?

Hold whatever and whomever you want in your "heart" and do pick up your poop, people!

tanaumaga 1 year, 7 months ago

Dogs can poop on graves and couches cannot be on porches.

patkindle 1 year, 7 months ago

yes, we need more signs, people respect them how about in front of banks, stating, it is against the law to rob this bank, please go elsewhere, thank you

Scott Morgan 1 year, 7 months ago

patkindle, you had me smiling. Of course it's not the fact folk disrespect cemeteries, or rob banks, flip the bird to another driver, it's of course the slow march to incivility.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.