Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: A different flavor of outrage

Comments

50YearResident 1 year, 3 months ago

I have been debating with myself to decide if I should get in on this one or not, but this story is a classic one sided view by Leonard. White America is not the victim here? It's a matter of opinion. Just like the Trayvon Martin story was. Sorry Leonard, but this story is definitely a one sided only view.

Liberty275 1 year, 3 months ago

"Sorry, but he’s the victim here. White America is not."

Finally, Leonard gets it. I hope he can keep it.

verity 1 year, 3 months ago

The problem here is with people trying to equate these two stories. It may have been a hate crime done because Lane was white, although one of the perpetrators was also white, but even if true, that's not the point. The perpetrators were arrested immediately and the victim is not being blamed.

ChuckFInster 1 year, 3 months ago

This piece should have been titled selective outrage

50YearResident 1 year, 3 months ago

Leonard is trying to divert your attention away from the murder of Lane by talking about gun control and how embarrassed he is that teen age boys can get guns so easily here in the United States. Never mind about the murder. How do these young people get their guns? They steal them in most cases, which brings up a completely new question. Why are today's teenagers committing so many crimes?

ChuckFInster 1 year, 3 months ago

This really has nothing to do with gun control but everything to do with race. Think of the national attention this would have received if Lane or the WW II vet who was beaten to death was black. Just another example of the shoddy media and their selective outrage to make a profit.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.