Discussions

Reader comments

On State seeks to block New Jersey Group from filing brief in school finance case

Comments

Paul R Getto 1 year, 8 months ago

Muscular Sam and his minions do not want feedback from anyone but their acolytes. This is par for the course.

deec 1 year, 8 months ago

I wonder if AFP or any of the other alphabet soup of national Koch propaganda organizations has filed a brief.

Peter Hancock 1 year, 8 months ago

The only motions to file amicus briefs so far have come from the Emporia school district; KNEA; the Kansas Association of School Boards; Education Law Center; and one individual, Walt Chappell, a former member of the Kansas State Board of Education.

Thomas Bryce 1 year, 8 months ago

And it looks like the Kansas Supreme court just granted the briefs for the ELC and Mr. Chappell. We will see if any others are added later. I bet the Brownback Bunch are ticked off now. They did not get to stack the Kansas SC in their favor yet. Darn.

tomatogrower 1 year, 8 months ago

"advocates for the rights of students" which Brownback and company do not. They could care less about students.

Liberty275 1 year, 8 months ago

"Schmidt's office also argues that ELC should be excluded because it has a close relationship with Bruce Baker, a Rutgers University professor who testified as an expert witness during the trial of the Kansas case on behalf of the plaintiffs."

I know you hate brownback, and I don't care, but you don't see a problem there depending on the relationship between Baker and ELC?

jafs 1 year, 8 months ago

Maybe, but probably not.

ELC obviously has a point of view, and apparently it's shared with Baker - what's the issue exactly? They'd just be filing a brief to the court stating their views, right?

Their organization is a "students' rights" organization, so their view is pretty clear to everybody, and it's not surprising that they'd file a brief in favor of higher funding for education.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.