Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Jenkins meets with diverse groups during recess tour of her district

Comments

Richard Heckler 1 year, 3 months ago

Want smart economics? Replace Lynn Jenkins! Lynn Jenkins works for ALEC not Kansas or the USA.

Keith 1 year, 3 months ago

One man in the audience suggested Congress should do even more to rein in Medicaid.

"I know of someone who would not — she has so many children, it would not pay her to go back to work," he said. "She makes too much money on welfare."

I'm sure it was a friend of a friend, or a friend of a friend heard about it from a friend.

midwestmom 1 year, 3 months ago

How do I get off her 'junk call' list? It's infuriating!!!! Didn't vote for her - won't vote for her and I definitely don't want to hear her whiny, nasally voice on my phone during the dinner hour!!

Martin Hanna 1 year, 3 months ago

I replied to one of her mailings several years ago asking for a donation to her campaign. I wrote in red ink "remove my name and address from all mailing and calling lists". I haven't heard from her since! Give it a shot.

oldexbeat 1 year, 3 months ago

Dr Timmy (I'm the most overeducated farmer in Meade County, KS) Huelskamp has that same phone program and during dinner. You get on his list if you complain about anything to him -- you have to say yes to the list to send a message to 'your' congressman. sucks.

I'm beting that ALEC or like that is in the details of these phone programs. Timmy isn't that smart.

globehead 1 year, 3 months ago

Huelskamp is also most likely the biggest welfare recipient in Kansas via the crop subsidies he has received from the federal government.

http://farm.ewg.org/persondetail.php?custnumber=A06808921

newmedia 1 year, 3 months ago

Whether you agree with Rep. Jenkins or not at least she has the guts to hold "town hall" meetings and meet with her constituents during the congressional recess. Most of her colleagues are no where to be found. Can't imagine why that is..........

Shelley Bock 1 year, 3 months ago

She doesn't have the GUTS to visit Lawrence for a Town Hall meeting. She avoided meeting with her constituents in Lawrence, seeking only a friendly audience.

Michael LoBurgio 1 year, 3 months ago

Jenkins along with her other gop teaparty republicans house members has voted twice on the ryan bill to eliminate MEDICARE and MEDICAID.

House Republicans Vote to End Medicare, Again

Well, they did it again, passing yet another radical budget plan from Rep. Paul Ryan, this one cutting $4.6 trillion over the next ten years, turns Medicare into a voucher system and repeals Obamacare. Every Democrat, along with 10 Republicans, voted no in a 221-207 vote.

Two-thirds of Ryan's budget cuts come from low-income Americans -- programs like Medicaid and food stamps -- and gives millionaires a $200,000 tax cut.

http://occupyamerica.crooksandliars.com/diane-sweet/house-republicans-vote-end-medicare-ag#sthash.e60tDu2X.dpbs

http://www2.ljworld.com/users/photos/2013/aug/30/260779/

Michael LoBurgio 1 year, 3 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

cowboy 1 year, 3 months ago

Let congresswoman Jenkins hold a true town hall , LHS auditorium with open attendance not invited shills.Don't think it would have a happy ending.

sciencegeek 1 year, 3 months ago

Interesting how her concern jumped once sshe had a confirmed opponent. Not that I'm being cynical or anything...

Her robocalls annoty the heck out of me. If she remembered Kansas at all, she'd know that WE DON'T LIKE PHONE CALLS DURING THE DINNER HOUR! To do it consistently shows just how much respect she has for the foks back home.

BigDog 1 year, 3 months ago

Given today's society where people work a variety of hoursand shifts .... Can one of you tell me when "Dinner Hour" is?

blindrabbit 1 year, 3 months ago

When she delivered her comments, did you notice two others on the stage and podium? One was operating a set of strings causing the mechanical mouth movements of the clueless Jenkins, the other a nasalilly speaker that delivered the message. During the presentation a representative from Koch-a-Kola was there to keep the comments sufficiently compliant with their message.

Lynn Grant 1 year, 3 months ago

I don't care what time her robocalls come in, I don't want to listen to her and her tea party justifications for hurting US citizens.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.