Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On KU requests money for Wichita medical school

Comments

irtnog2001 1 year, 1 month ago

Seems she is a bit late to the party isn't she?

BlackVelvet 1 year, 1 month ago

Perhaps KU could spend the money the state already gives them more wisely??? no wait....it's KU...They have a need to blow lots of money on "tree-lining" Jayhawk boulevard and covering all remaining green space with new buildings...

gatekeeper 1 year, 1 month ago

The work being done on campus is greatly needed. The budget cut by our stupid state govt was BS. Did you notice most states increased higher ed funding. Leave it to KS to go backwards.

Go up to C.O. and take a look at the wonderful working conditions of many of the KU staff and see if you think they just blow money up there. I was shocked last time I was in C.O. where finance and many others have offices.

The work they're doing on Jayhawk Blvd in the end will help get more students here. KU was a lot nicer when I was a student (decades ago) and I'm ashamed of how bad it looks now.

elliottaw 1 year, 1 month ago

no to mention it is being paid for from donations

BlackVelvet 1 year, 1 month ago

Gatekeeper, I worked at KU for 32 years and know better than most how money is thrown around. I know most KU employees, not just in C.O. are forgotten when it comes to working conditions and perks, but admin is expanding more and more and they are very well taken care of. very well.

gatekeeper 1 year, 1 month ago

And it's that way at any university. I also have many, many friends that work at KU and know what working conditions are like in many of the bldgs. BUT, your post wasn't complaining about admin, just complaining about the new work on J Blvd and new bldgs being built, which needs to happen. :-)

Commenting has been disabled for this item.