Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On County asked to fund children's services after change in state policy

Comments

elliottaw 1 year, 4 months ago

Sounds like a great program, must be why Brownback stopped funding it

somebodynew 1 year, 4 months ago

The problem is: His Master Plan is working !!!! Make everything as hard as possible so no one can use the services OR have the local government pick up the $$$. Then when campaigning he says: See how much money I have saved and how I cut government. Look at me, look at me. (that way you don't look at the details).

BigDog 1 year, 4 months ago

mikekt - maybe the story is because DCCA has its main office in Lawrence. You might check their website ... Running this project from Lenexa but DCCA has offices in Lawrence, Pittsburg, and Wichita too

notajayhawk 1 year, 4 months ago

From their website:

"DCCCA began operations in Lawrence, Kansas in the summer of 1974 as the Douglas County Citizens Committee on Alcoholism. Over the years, we became known locally as DCCCA. In 1989, our legal name was changed to DCCCA by our Board of Directors. This change was prompted by our program delivery outside of Douglas County and our program growth to include services for problems other than alcoholism."

Although it's where the name originally came from, at the present time "DCCCA" doesn't stand for Douglas County, Alcoholism, or anything else - it's simply the agency's name. The agency as a whole does have experience working with at-risk youth, including a residential program for juvenile offenders in Pittsburg and foster care/child placement & family preservation services offered in several locations, including Lawrence.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.