Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: Obama steps into race debate

Comments

kochmoney 1 year, 1 month ago

How dare a black American president make a statement about being black in America! Leave it to old white guys like Cal to do all the talking about race.

Unlike Trayvon, who can no longer talk.

jonas_opines 1 year, 1 month ago

Cal's pulling all the investigative punches these days! The best sources around to validate arguments are Always anecdotes provided by anonymous internet posters on a newspaper website! They are nothing if not 100% truthful, unbiased, and legitimate. All the time!

Mike Ford 1 year, 1 month ago

some people's ideas of unifying races includes not admitting what they do and blaming a sitting African American president for publically reminding them of what they do. Maybe they should stop doing what they're doing and evolve as a race and culture beyond what they've been for three centuries. naw.... that's too hard. just get an old conservative to blame the African American US President. That's much easier/

jack22 1 year, 1 month ago

"The president said he could have been Trayvon Martin. Not likely, given his private schooling and the way he was fast-tracked to success." I guess Cal thinks this whole tragedy could have been avoided if someone had taken the time to educate Trayvon to act, dress, and speak more like a rich white guy. You know, more like one of us.

sciencegeek 1 year, 1 month ago

Cal Thomas can twist anything into an attack on Obama. A rich white man in his ivory tower who not only has no idea of what the president meant or why he said it, but he doesn't care to find out.

Not everyone lives in the close-minded world of superiority of Cal and his ilk. Here's an example of what happens all too often, from the Kansas City Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/25/4366687/the-time-my-3-month-old-baby-was.html

Armstrong 1 year, 1 month ago

I would just be thrilled if Barack would run the country instead of his mouth.

Yes. I can tell you want all of his ideas to be enacted. Do call your Senators and Representatives to let them know.

Alyosha 1 year, 1 month ago

Cal's inanity makes him a lot of money — so there's no reason he'll ever stop displaying it.

As for why the LJW continues to publish such badly-argued, sloppily-thought-out, objective-reality-less pieces: that's another question, not easily answered. Must be one the "values" mentioned in the footer of stories....

I'm guessing it's an answer that starts with a D and rhymes with "golf."

ChuckFInster 1 year, 1 month ago

As for why the LJW continues to publish such badly-argued, sloppily-thought-out, objective-reality-less pieces: that's another question, not easily answered. Must be one the "values" mentioned in the footer of stories.... Pitts articles through and through, good observation.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.