Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: Stereotypes rob blacks of identity

Comments

Dont_Tread_On_Me 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Calling Hannity a "grand wizard" is trying to paint him as a klan member and shows the racist nature of Pitts.

HootyWho 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Zimmerman started a chain of events that lead to the death of a young man, and it shouldn't have happened. everybody needs to remember Trayvon and hope it doesn't happen to their child, my son (who is black) lives in Lenexa, couple of years ago, he was stopped for having a burnt out headlight, he was pulled out of his car and patted down, he was in his work clothes, so obviously coming home from work. I got stopped many years ago for the same thing, and i wasn't pulled out of my car and guess what? i'm white

rtwngr 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Leonard Pitts, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Charles Rangel all would have the public believe that Trayvon Martin was followed by George Zimmerman and then shot to death. There is nothing inaccurate in that narrative. It is the truth. The problem is it is not the whole story. All of which we will never know. Is it possible that in the four minutes that George Zimmerman had lost sight of Trayvon Martin, Martin was observing him and deciding if he could handle him in a fight one on one? There was a confrontation and an altercation ensued. George Zimmerman came away with a broken nose and lacerations to the back of his head giving credence to his account that Martin had hit him, knocked him down, got on top of him and continued to beat him. Sadly we will never know the truth. What would be the outcry if Martin had beat Zimmerman into a coma or death? Would the race baiters be celebrating how this young man, who was stereotyped, defended himself by beating a man until he was dead? The problem is that it is easier to sell division and hatred. All of the people I mentioned at the beginning of this comment make a living off of racial divide.

jonas_opines 8 months, 4 weeks ago

It is amazing how one case can produce so many different and opposing flawed narratives.

Mike Ford 8 months, 4 weeks ago

listen to the supporters of stereotyping talk this morning.

Pheps 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Writing these types of sorrowful articles must be therapy for the writer? I wonder if he realizes that he and the President are promulgating the stereotype.

kansas45 8 months, 4 weeks ago

The outrage is constantly being used by those of your own race for greed. To be kept down for no other reason then for the Sharptons and Jacksons to make money. And for Obama to say that could have been him? Give me a break. First, his upper class upbringing wouldn't have allowed him to be out at that time and was he even in this country at that age? Jackson and Sharpton have been holding back for several years because of a black president and finally see a money making opportunity. Obama is, and always will be, in the divide and conquer mode.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.