Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Freshman KU basketball player Brannen Greene cited for leaving scene of accident

Comments

flloyd 1 year ago

Welcome to Lawrence, Brannen. Now go back to Georgia as we are trying to once again run a top notch program.

Mark Newton 1 year ago

"We"? Which part are you running?

Give the kid a break. I know I wrecked a couple of vehicles at his age. All we know is he wrecked a car and you want to send him home?? The kid can play too!

frankfussman 1 year ago

"...leaving the scene of an accident..." Why give the kid a break? He was trying to get away with this.

NewKansan 1 year ago

Deserves punishment of course, but unless there's a history of issues with this kid...doesn't mean he should be kicked off the team. Pay for the damages, do a fair share of community service, run a couple hundred laps in the gym until his legs about fall off, and move on.

Topple 1 year ago

When I returned home from deployment in the Air Force, I was greeted by a smashed in car door and front wheel well fender. No note, nothing. Some low life who took zero responsibility for their actions took $1000 out of my pocket. I have no sympathy for this kid, nor any respect.

Deb Engstrom 1 year ago

They've kept kids on the team that have done much worse than this. It's really none of our business, is it??

Topple 1 year ago

Well, these players represent KU, which many of us are alumni of. Many people donate money to the endowments that fund virtually all scholarships for these players. Thus, it is our business who they recruit, and what kind of people they may be. He's plenty old enough to know better. He smashes up another person's car then tries to stick them with the bill?

juma 1 year ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

NewKansan 1 year ago

It is an internal matter with public scrutiny from those that most likely don't know anything about the people involved or the incident. Punish him and move on. No reason to send a kid home for this though. If there are a string of issues (or a background from HS), then that's a different story.

College athletes (especially from high-profile programs like KU) are in the public eye, but they are kids that screw up from time to time. It's not just at KU, but at all universities. If you don't attend a KU athletic event because of this, that's obviously your choice. But you are also passing judgment on an entire department for the actions of a few. I feel sorry for you...

Topple 1 year ago

He's old enough to know better.

mom_of_three 1 year ago

he left the scene of an accident..... lots of stupid college students do that. he may have been partying (assumptions), but a lot of college kids do that too.
No one was injured..... and he will not make that mistake again.

jonas_opines 1 year ago

It's a popular theory that at the first known bad decision one's life should be ruined to be an example for others . . . .

. . . glad that wasn't the standard I had to maintain.

GUMnNUTS 1 year ago

Apparently, people around here have high horse's.

bad_dog 1 year ago

Corrals filled with them; saddled up, ready to ride at a moment's notice...

Clickker 1 year ago

It was actually a good move to get the hell out of there. No one was hurt and he would have likely faced more serious charges like OUI. That neighborhood at that time in some 25 yr olds car? Someone got some 'splanin to do.

Bladerunner 1 year ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

weeslicket 1 year ago

3:20 am. betcha that topic comes up in the conversation.

please, no more moon bars.

mags_and_k 1 year ago

I've met him and he is a nice young man. He's a kid just like the rest, he had a lapse in judgement, he just also happens to play for KU.......he who has not sinned, cast the first stone...THEN ride off on your high horse! (I loved that post hahahaha)

feefifofum 1 year ago

You get your semi-free pass ( I am sure some kind of discipline will be involved) out of the way early. Brannen - snap out of it !

Commenting has been disabled for this item.