Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Reports give mixed reviews of Kansas economy

Comments

Scott Bonnet 9 months ago

Mikekt, in what universe are Johnson County republicans considered moderate? Cheap shots at the rest of the state aren't helpful. This governor and his hand-picked legislature are doing irreparable damage to this state.

Ray Parker 9 months ago

Having passed tax cuts for businesses and individuals during the 2012 legislative session, Kansas ended the year with $86.6 million more than estimates projected, $159.6 million more than the state had taken in during the previous fiscal year. Tax receipts for June alone beat monthly projections by $25.1 million. During the year ending in May, 2013, Kansas City, KS added 9500 non-farm jobs, while Kansas City, MO added ZERO. Yes, folks, just like the conservative Republicans have been telling you, tax cuts will increase government revenue.

mikekt 9 months ago

The major job creators in Ks have been the Democrats in Wyandotte County and the Moderate Republicans in Johnson County .

Do you ever wonder why this states main policy makers seem to come from No where Cities, Nowhere Towns & Nowhere Counties, that don't produce anywhere near the job growth of Johnson or Wyandotte Counties ?

Their growth was firmly established before Brownies magic tax shifting plans took effect ?

JayhawkFan1985 9 months ago

Kansas...still Brownbackward and the state that will be left behind...

Paul R Getto 9 months ago

Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." - Mark Twain's Own Autobiography: The Chapters from the North American Review

Commenting has been disabled for this item.