Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Police searching for suspects who fled accident scene at 100 mph

Comments

mikekt 9 months, 1 week ago

So they headed out of town towards Jo Co @ 100mph, onto a limited access highway, where they could be followed from the air or boxed in if the cops chose to.......and obviously, their plate was noted by the Eudora police, which is very important.....assuming that they weren't using a stolen plate ?

Do you think that they got caught on in store video security cameras ?

You see, I have a perverse interest !

I want to see what people who act that stupidly look like ?!

9 months, 1 week ago

I emailed a complaint on the questions and got this as part of the answer. "I will share with you that our mobile websites (http://m.ljworld.com and http://m.kusports.com) include most all of the content that our main websites have but do not include Google Surveys. Also, our KUsports.com app does not include Google Surveys."

Kyle Chandler 9 months, 1 week ago

me too, do yourselves a favor folks, ditch those Windows systems....especially if you want less 'big brother' action

wineguy 9 months, 1 week ago

I use an iPad and haven't had any questions pop up from Google.

Richard Heckler 9 months, 1 week ago

Crime is a growing occupation in Lawrence,Kansas.

bearded_gnome 9 months, 1 week ago

nope, you sure can't outrun Motorola! LOL!

if stolen car, then pinging is sure a good idea. yeah, I wonder if the phone got activated.

melott 9 months, 1 week ago

Do everyone a favor. Lie on all your answers.

LawrenceTownie 9 months, 1 week ago

The car is probably stolen. The people driving it are probably long gone, with the phone.

jayhawkmwh 9 months, 1 week ago

Don't read the question, click the top answer and be done.

arylwren 9 months, 1 week ago

For everyone complaining about the survey questions: There are very easy ways around them and other ads, trackers, etc on websites. Doesn't take too much to find them.

Joe Hyde 9 months, 1 week ago

Good job by Eudora PD! Get the license number; nail the perps later.

Good work by Lawrence PD, too. Once that adrenalin kicks in, it's gotta be near impossible to give up on a pursuit.

geekin_topekan 9 months, 1 week ago

Unless they were headed to Jack in the Box, I see no reason for this behavior.

none2 9 months, 1 week ago

I don't get these people who complain about the tracking question. Would you prefer pay to get on to the ljworld.com site? Google is probably paying them money for these questions. I'd take that over shelling out money any day.

frankfussman 9 months, 1 week ago

No problem with "tracking" questions. Some newspapers do not allow you in until you register.

Otherwise, good job Eudora police in getting the license number.

bearded_gnome 9 months, 1 week ago

The suspect vehicle, described as a blue Honda sedan, was first spotted by police about 12:37 p.m. today near 31st Street and Ousdahl Road speeding and driving recklessly, said Sgt. Trent McKinley, a Lawrence Police Department spokesman. The vehicle and its occupants were suspected of being involved in the theft of a cellphone at a Lawrence T-Mobile phone retailer at 1700 W 23rd St.

---or ... just ping the phone. LOL. speeding and risking lives, acting like fools, for the theft of a cell phone?

catch these people and charge them with first degree dumbth!

paisley 9 months, 1 week ago

Really? I'm supposed to answer tracking questions before I can read a story online? LJW is not much fun anymore. Bye.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.