Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Neighborhood pool acts as a 'community within a community'

Comments

Suzanne Jacobsen 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Where are the other community pools? As a fairly recent Lawrence transplant, I'm surprised there aren't more. It's a shame!

guavablues 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I taught school on the east side for 30 years. This neighborhood doesn't have much. This is so important for them. I applaud Missi.

patkindle 9 months, 2 weeks ago

great idea for a community, glad to see the families work so well together, no reason this would not work in other areas if the parents would just get along and pitch in

FlintlockRifle 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Likewise my three sons spent many a days in this pool back when they were wee- tots in the early 1960's. Helped Swede clean and paint the pool each spring, fantasic area to raise a family and yes you knew every kid , mom and dad in the neighborhood by first and last name

elliottaw 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Lawrence could really use a few smaller pools, the main one is too overcrowded

rlsd 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I lived at that pool growing up and it is a shame the developers and builders of Lawrence did not continue the tradition that made neighborhoods great. But that would have taken away from their profits. Kansas City still has this as well as Topeka. It gave everyone a place to meet up, exercise, visit and many other pluses.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.