Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Department of Children and Families looking for new digs in Lawrence

Comments

Gary Pomeroy 1 year, 5 months ago

Two buildings? One has been vacant form some time as they transfer workers to other offices or encourage employees to transfer or retire or kick them out with privitization. A dose of flat honesty would be nice. Of course they are not going to reduce there presence in lawrence, And if you believe that I have some land in Florida I can get you for a good price . . . .

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 5 months ago

The bus is set up for the general public so there is never going to be a time when each and every person can get a bus where and when they would like. As we become adults we learn to be patient and accept that we do not always get what we want. The number one bus goes out to what I still refer to as the welfare office.

When I was out there one day there was a family who was having trouble with a teenage son and you could hear the three of them out in the lobby. People were listening to them with rapt fascination, someone likened it to the Jerry Springer show.

Seniors who qualify for food stamps should just have to qualify once and not be expected to go out to Delaware Street to talk with a case worker every so often. It's not like anything is likely to change for those over sixty-five. Or, do it on line and get rid of some of the paperwork.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.