Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Lawrence trash schedule not affected by July Fourth holiday

Comments

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 5 months ago

Maybe the Forth should be a universal holiday where people who can take the day off and think seriously about the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and what it means. If you get a chance you might even read them.

cowboy 1 year, 5 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

Chris Bohling 1 year, 5 months ago

Thumbs down. Give the workers the day off like everyone else!

colicole81 1 year, 5 months ago

The employees that work Thursday will have Friday off and visa versa. Most of them prefer Friday over Thursday anyway. It's nice to see that some people care more about others than they do about their own needs though :)

Steph Shepard 1 year, 5 months ago

They actually don't get Friday off. At least one crew I know of has to work.

colicole81 1 year, 5 months ago

The employees that work Thursday will be off Friday and visa versa. Most would prefer Friday anyway. It's nice to see that some people care more about others than they do about convenience though :)

Laura Wilson 1 year, 5 months ago

So, basically to avoid the stupid questions, the first story I should click on that day is one I have no interest in reading.

I'm guessing there is actually Thursday trash pick up for some baffling reason.

I suppose it was too much to expect that we would forever have free, unhindered access on this site. It was really nice--most news sites make you "join" or even pay.

Alfred_W 1 year, 5 months ago

The address "m dot ljworld dot com" works on desktop browsers. Problem solved.

budwhysir 1 year, 5 months ago

This may have become necessary by the new collection rules requiring all trash to be in the roll containers. Most people who pay for this service will in no way pay for an extra container to hold trash, the trash collection guys wont pick up your trash unless it is in a cart. If you have too much trash to fit in the cart, they will red tag it and suggest you rent another cart and pay additional monthly fees.

Most people will use one cart and monitor the amount of trash set out each week. If they have to go two weeks there will be no way to have enough room in the allotted and paid for carts

Patricia Davis 1 year, 5 months ago

I'll say it again: my trash guys are terrific. As I have gotten older, I appreciate them even more. If having roll carts (which I have used for years) makes it easier and safer for the sanitation workers, I say what a great idea.

outoftownmonday 1 year, 5 months ago

LJW staff: you might want to look at the Douglas County Bank ad on page 5A. It says there will be no residential trash pick up on Thursday. Ooooooops. Someone didn't proof read that ad very well:)

bearded_gnome 1 year, 5 months ago

uh oh. did anybody ask the automated arm if he wanted to work on the holiday?

Wesley Willis 1 year, 5 months ago

I asked it and it picked me up and threw me away. Very temperamental.

bearded_gnome 1 year, 5 months ago

I asked it and it picked me up and threw me away. Very temperamental.

---wow! dangerous! although I guess you better be careful about trash talking it!

dajudge 1 year, 5 months ago

Any other National Holiday, service would be delayed. why not on the national celebration of the founding of this country? Now I have stinking trash in my garage for another week. thanks!

budwhysir 1 year, 5 months ago

roses are red violets are blue, the trash man has the day off whatever shall I do?? change my schedule I should think not, place my trash at the side of the curb and for a week it shall rot. But all is not lost, nothing could be finer, for an entire week from now, the wildlife will have an all you can eat dinner.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.