April 21, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
Somebody call The Untouchables!
Not only was KCMO a powerhouse for grain deals, the packing plants in the bottoms were major employers and the livelihood of many immigrants, many of whom settled in what is known as Strawberry Hill on the KCK side. The flood of '51 changed KCMO forever .
I concur. This is incredibly sad news.
Certainly a sad day, to be sure. The BoT harkens back to an era when Kansas City was a more prominent city in the US, and the exchange itself played a more important role in the history of the region than most probably know. I can certainly understand why the exchange is being rolled-into CME's Chicago operations, but it still is sad to see the exchange and associated activity move away.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
23rd Street Brewery
Tortilla taco salad or flatbread pizza
$1 off any Biggs signature sandwich!
· Lunchtime only.
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Tender boneless chicken or vegetables (potato and cauliflower) ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
Burgers and Sandwiches from $5.99
· Options like the classic cheeseburger, BBQ pulled chicken ...
Wheat State Pizza
LG 5-Topping Pizza just $12.99
· Every day: Get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Jayhawker signature salad, $7.95-$9.95.
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Open-Faced Roast Beef
· Hot, juicy beef piled high on sourdough bread. ...
Medium 12" Pizza
· with 2 toppings and 2 drinks. Everyday special: ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers!
· Kobe, Chicken, Turkey, Pork Tenderloin, and Spicy Black ...