Discussions

Reader comments

On Editorial: Poor process

Comments

Phil Minkin 1 year, 10 months ago

I normally think Schumm is a good politician and have supported him in the past, but his handling of the whole Rock Chalk Park project has been a disaster. He was so politically invested in it he couldn't back away, even with almost daily revelations of questionable activity. And his hurry to get things done before more question could arise made it worse.

Catalano 1 year, 10 months ago

I would like for the facility to be re-designed to come in at $25 million, please. Let Fritzel put in his own damn infrastructure. Or at least improved to the tune of $18 million...perhaps THAT would be a showcase rec center.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 10 months ago

Indeed-- I'm sure there were many deletions from the wish list in order to keep within the magically arrived at $25 million (up from the original $5 million, then $13 million, then $15 million) that the city thought it could afford. Why not put all of those back in, and pick up part of the additional funding by splitting the infrastructure costs with Fritzel as was apparently originally intended (as near as any sort of original intent can be divined.)

leftylucky 1 year, 10 months ago

Excellent editorial. Big problem having a non profit owning a for profit company. Hope KU endowment has their tax status revoked. Same for KU athletics inc. IRS if your reading this Investigate them, they are the big crooks.

bidrigging101 1 year, 10 months ago

This is bigger then the KU ticket scandal.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 10 months ago

Very loose operation across the board. From what I understand Fritzel is underway no matter that major cost questions continue to come in.

Give the project to another contractor/builder. This does not NEED to go to Fritzel.

And we know this group has problems sticking with site plans. BTW where is that $50 grand Fritzel owes the taxpayers?

Are all Fritzel property taxes paid? yet?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.