Reader comments

On KU student arrested after fight sends Lawrence man to trauma center

Robert Rauktis 2 years, 6 months ago

"arrested about 1 a.m." Nothing good ever happens after midnight.

I thought Texans bragged they could "hold their licker".

B0B 2 years, 6 months ago

obviously he meant "hold there licker".

kernal 2 years, 6 months ago

Didn't like his reference to a regional dialect? Although, I think it's more Appalachian English than Texan.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 6 months ago

Over the years, I've seen story after story where one person punched another, the victim falling, hitting their head and dying. Just last week, a soccer referee in Utah died in just such an attack. One person dead and the other off to prison for a significant amount of time. Who shall be declared the winner of this fight?

Both combatants here are lucky. That worst case scenario didn't play itself out. They might not be so lucky next time.

bad_dog 2 years, 6 months ago

Somebody's been watching too much MMA fighting, methinks...

Maracas 2 years, 6 months ago

KU is out for the summer and one of its students is not facing a summer of fun. He's facing a summer of dealing with a serious felony count, which could involve prison time. The victim is going to have some serious serious facial injuries to deal with. It may be hard to plead this down much due to the seriousness of the injuries. He's just lucky he didn't kill the guy.

KU students, end of the year, and mass quantities of available booze. Oh yeah. No one could have seen something like this coming.

ryank4u2 2 years, 6 months ago

There goes his Senior year...so close & yet...jail time. Nice going, buddy!!!

Bob Forer 2 years, 6 months ago

Brothers seems to have more than its fair share of fights which result in arrests and or serious injuries. Never been there. Am curious. What type of crowd does it attract?

Rae Hudspeth 2 years, 6 months ago

Fraternal types. White, moneyed, young with a huge sense of entitlement. It also boasts more than a fair share of sexual assaults.
You know, the sort of entitlement that leads to white collar crime, rarely prosecuted through the Good Old Boy network. I suspect there is a group out of there that considers themselves a sort of "Fight Club", I have been with a male friend who was suddenly jumped on and punched in the face by two of these "toughs" who then fled the scene.

Jayhawk_4_Life 2 years, 6 months ago

You clearly haven't been to Brothers recently, if at all.

Bob Forer 2 years, 6 months ago

As I suspect. However, a lot of fraternity boys I have run in to are hardly fraternal.

Rae Hudspeth 2 years, 6 months ago

Yes, I meant that as a pun on the name of the place, but you got the right idea.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.