Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Summer job outlook good, not great

Comments

ksmfcs 11 months ago

I beg to differ. There are some great paying part-time jobs available to students in town at places like Boston Financial, I know they hire literally 100's and pays way better than a job at Wal-mart. Plus, this gives them an opportunity to grow their resume in a professional setting- how lucky we are to live in a community that draws businesses like BFDS in. I truly believe the good jobs are out there- people need to be able to pass basic reading/writing and drug screens and be willing to work their way up from some entry level positions, but the opportunities are out there...!

Richard Heckler 11 months ago

Lawrence and Wal-Mart have something in common = always low wages

Boom town economies represent extreme inflation which is fiscally reckless and frowned upon by true blue fiscal conservatives. It is bad for business. Did the Bush/Cheney housing scam not teach anything? Boom town economies always crash taking jobs and economies out in a big way. And leave property owners owing more on their investments than what market value will bring.

Shame on the leadership of the local real estate industry!!!!!! For participating in scamming buyers. Knowingly.

anticommunist 11 months ago

It's nice to read young, enterprising individuals are having some success finding employment. The anti-business attitude proffered by Lawrence leaders stacks the cards against young adults.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.