Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Legislative negotiations break down amid Republican in-fighting

Comments

avarom 11 months ago

No Weiners in this Game....Everyone comes out a Loser!! Welcome to Kansas! Remember this episode next time your in the voting booth.....while everyone is trying to get their Brownie Points!!

globehead 11 months ago

Republicans are at odds with themselves? Reminds me of the times when Moe poked Curly in the eye!

msezdsit 11 months ago

dog eat dog. The best result.

toe 11 months ago

Stop all this foolishness about raising taxes. Cut spending.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 11 months ago

This is good!! This is good!!

Finally the peole of Kansas will see what childish and foolish people these Rrepublican are. They will get a clue as to the lack of suitability these people have to reasonably govern the State of Kansas..............

Or not...............

Paul R Getto 11 months ago

Sam's muscularjesusperson is in the house. The C-Street cult is on the rise.

Susan Shaw 11 months, 1 week ago

God may be the only one who can resolve this. I mean the real God, not the one who lives at Cedar Crest. Somehow I don't think those two are acquainted.

BABBOY 11 months, 1 week ago

Evan though the republicans made massive cuts causing a budget crisis, Koch industries and AFP still are still spending money on advertising with adds lying about high state spending in KS. Topeka paper is littered with them.

They do not care if sales taxes are so high average joe cannot buy a TV or anything nice. That is what high sales taxes do by the way. They just do not want their corporations taxed. Wish people would clue the flip in.

Also, it bothers me that Brownback recently stole 9.5 million dollars from state Tobacco settlement that had been earmarked proceeds for programs to help kids and families and instead put the money in the general operating fund. He did so because he knew his recent cuts were imploding and there is coming crisis to keep state operating. Topeka paper reported this issue about a week ago.

Floyd Craig 11 months, 1 week ago

wellnow since Brownbackhas it really messd uiop rare you going to vote him back into office or get some one who cares about all the people of Kansas not just his friends buddys relation for jobs and other things that we peole of Kansas needs they keep taking aweay form most of the poor floks in ks and well looks whos getting richer ive said time and time again you voted for the wrong one for governor of Kansas also that guy who he replace was suppose to be democrate n by rights he wasn't so all you people are paying to putting him in office ISNT HIS TURM ALMOST UP I HOPE SO

freeadvice 11 months, 1 week ago

I wonder how they are going to spin it to blame the democrats?

Liberty275 11 months, 1 week ago

The only thing better than two political parties at odds is when one party is at odds with itself. I approve.

daylight 11 months, 1 week ago

To the Kansas Senate and House: You make ALL of us Kansans look foolish!!! Get off your high horses and get back to work!!! Perhaps you should take a hint from our founding fathers who, after arguing about what to put in the Declaration of Independence and what not to put in, went across the street from their meeting house to pray, and fasted as well! And guess what?! God answered their prayers!! Surprise, surprise!! God guides those who pray for His intervention!!! We don't need you to stand around arguing, and getting paid by us for the pleasure of doing so!!! We need you to get the job done!!!

And every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: (Matt. 12:25) Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; (Luke 11:17)

yourworstnightmare 11 months, 1 week ago

"House Tax Chairman Richard Carlson, R-St. Marys, said, "We don't have an A team and a B team. We have a Senate and a House. They are co-equals," he said."

Yes, co-equally insane and damaging. F-team? Z-team? Omega-team?

question4u 11 months, 1 week ago

It should be simple. All that Representatives have to do is go back on their word and sell out those of their constituents who voted for them because they swore that they wouldn't increase taxes. Then they'll be free to endorse the plan of state Senators, to whom a promise isn't binding.

On the other hand, all that the Senators have to do is cast off whatever is left of their sense of reality. Then they will be able to see eye to eye with Representatives, who clearly don't understand that the plan all along was to eliminate income taxes on business owners and let everyone else pick up the slack by paying higher sales tax.

Lack of integrity or lack of a sense of reality. If the Representatives and Senators both had the same defects, then this would be easy. As it is, this will only be settled by Brownback's threat of veto. In the end, this display of buffoonery will have been pointless. Brownback wants House members to sell out, so sell out they will.

But take heart House Members. No doubt Sam will have lots of secret advice about how to spin this to your constituents. In the end they'll think that instead of selling them out by breaking your solemn oath, you are somehow sticking it to "liberals."

Thomas Bryce 11 months, 1 week ago

"But Republicans continued to vehemently defend keeping the sales tax high while Lowering income Taxes. Senate President Susan Wagle, R-Wichita, Said that would grow the economy and Provide More Jobs." The Titanic is unsinkable. Another famous statement that was proven False with catastrophic results. I Hope Kansans have a good life preserver. With this Legislature in control, The U.S.S. Kansas is going under with all hands on board. Aye, Aye Captain Brownback. Setting course for nearest Iceberg. Full Speed Ahead!

Commenting has been disabled for this item.