Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: Accusations paralyzing government

Comments

Richard Heckler 1 year, 5 months ago

The focus of the USA should be:

--- Removing Anti American Right Wing Elements from State Governments.

--- Reining in the CIA and military spending.

--- Jobs jobs jobs and more jobs.

--- Medicare Single Payer which would create an estimated 2.4 million jobs.

--- Get the massive highway rehab underway.

--- Bring on cleaner energy.

--- Replacing the anti american rt wing GOP with the Green Party.

--- Electing a whole lot of new democrats.

--- Funding education to the max = new business and new employment.

--- Break up the big banks.

--- Put the home loan criminals in jail!!!!!!

William Enick 1 year, 5 months ago

Well put. 75% of Americans agree with you. You wouldn't know it, watching the Corporate news, which dominates 75% of the TV airwaves. "American right wing airwaves" would be an accurate description. See you in Hell...Merrill...

ridikkulus 1 year, 5 months ago

Let me get this straight. A political group, whose WHOLE platform is, "Taxes are EVIL! We're not gonna pay taxes, and you can't make us!", is wondering why they are being investigated by the very agency whose job it is to make sure taxes are paid fairly, and they're surprised? Huh.

Liberty275 1 year, 5 months ago

You can be punished for not paying taxes, but saying you won't pay taxes is protected speech. How much speech do you want to see dissuaded by the government?

Al Deathe 1 year, 5 months ago

I guess the problem I have with this article is the one sided aspect. There is plenty of blame to go around democrat and republican but all it talks about is republican. The lack of holding the dems to the same level is one sided which makes the whole article invalid because of its one sided perspective.

Actually, under Bush, any organization that was deemed "Socially Liberal" was subjected to the exact same scrutiny following the implementation of the Patriot Act.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 5 months ago

There's absolutely no good reason my post was removed.

Liberty275 1 year, 5 months ago

I feel your pain brother. They nick me all the time.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year, 5 months ago

The Republicans are running for President in 2026. They are starting their political attacks right now. That is what this is all about. They will do anything including obstructing the work of Congress to achieve this end. I would not vote for ANY Republican, in Kansas or on the national ticket.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year, 5 months ago

Scuse me..........2016. But probably 2026 too.

jhawkinsf 1 year, 5 months ago

No presidential election in 2026. Mid-terms, though.

It's 2013, and they're STILL trying to run for 2012!

Steve Jacob 1 year, 5 months ago

Tough week for Obama, when he should be doing a victory tour right now. Stock Market has been insane this year, deficit doing better, jobs coming back slowly.

But it is about time to rip the bandaid off, raise interest rates, stop printing money, and put some big boy pants on. At some point we will create another housing bubble if people are borrowing at almost no interest.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.