Reader comments

On State education board may seek attorney general's opinion on 'innovative districts' law

question4u 2 years, 6 months ago

The Kansas Education Statutes are easily accessible online. Good luck finding any that prevent innovation in the classroom.

This law is clearly not designed to improve education in Kansas, but what else would you expect from the dumbest legislature in state history and a governor who claims to protect education while pushing it off a cliff?

Condolences to the teachers and staff who work in the 29 soon-to-be deregulated districts. At least this law will help to identify the districts least likely to attract highly qualified teachers.

lucky_guy 2 years, 6 months ago

I am sure the idea was to not have school at all in the 29 "innovative" disitricts. Since our legislators don't trust "gummint" schools I am sure that everyone in those districts will home school their kids and everything will be great. We don't need no edjumacation in here.

elliottaw 2 years, 6 months ago

I thought he did a fine job, the big story is no one understands the law because it sets no clear boundaries regarding anything

booksliveon 2 years, 6 months ago

The point is to move away from our current public education model. They want to break teachers unions, fire teachers at will, have a differentiated pay scale based upon what they believe a teacher is "entitled" to receive....this is a dismantling of Kansas Public Education. The republicans want it that way...they want to apply a business model to education...it doesn't work.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.