Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Power lines downed by farm equipment close North 1500 Road

Comments

riverdrifter 11 months, 2 weeks ago

It's a big John Deere planter, perhaps 16 rows. It folds up (then down) for travel over the road. There's a laptop computer onboard that controls it. Could be that a software gliche told it to fold down and when that happened it clipped the lines because it reaches waay up high when it folds out. Or perhaps the operator brushed a hydraulic lever in the cab of the tractor. Or, the power line was sagging too low. Who knows.

juma 11 months, 2 weeks ago

All I can say is that I have been driving/using heavy equipment all my life and when using something this size and on the road YOU GET A SPOTTER TO HELP YOU NAVIGATE!!!!! Must have been some young dude that "knows everything".

bearded_gnome 11 months, 2 weeks ago

The exact number of Westar Energy customers out of power after the accident was not available, but a Westar Energy employee was overheard saying that it would be several hours before the power lines would be repaired. North 1500 Road was reopened by 6 p.m.

---and Pendleton's Asparagus now has to bravely grow on without the benefit of electricity being present. oh the humanity!

bearded_gnome 11 months, 2 weeks ago

a power line with a piece of farm equipment, dragging down one utility pole and shifting another.

= "ZZZOOOONT!"

LUCKY THIS MAN WASN'T ELECTROCUTED!

jackpot 11 months, 2 weeks ago

How did the high power line get into the low tractor? That's what?

FlintlockRifle 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Dang, it's tuff enough being a farmer, he sure didn't need this to deal with

Commenting has been disabled for this item.