Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Expanded T

Comments

Lawrence Morgan 1 year, 7 months ago

I agree with Speakman's plan. This is a good idea.

These events, as well as work schedules at night, need to be available for all citizens of Lawrence, not just those with cars.

Homey 1 year, 7 months ago

Unrealistic. Until gas costs rise to the point where people are willing to give up the convenience of driving a personal automobile, public transportation will be underutilized.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 7 months ago

This 24 hour service might also keep some drunk drivers off the road = good thinking. Perhaps some T signs could be made available to all that are engaged in the serving of such beverages as a reminder to the patrons. Yes there is another way to get home.

gl0ck0wn3r 1 year, 7 months ago

Yeah, like a cab. How much money is going to be spent on this ridiculous experiment before it is shut down?

Sunny Parker 1 year, 7 months ago

It would be much cheaper for everyone to be responsible for themselves!

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 7 months ago

Which uses more fuel per passenger-mile, public transit buses, or single-occupancy private vehicles? And what percentage of passengers on a bus are making what might be considered frivolous trips, such as purchasing twinkies to satisfy late-night munchies? (yes, I know that's not possible in Lawrence.)

Richard Heckler 1 year, 7 months ago

At least some women will have a safe way get home possibly... rather than be tormented with concern about rape along the way.

Yes rape is a concern in Lawrence,Kansas.

gl0ck0wn3r 1 year, 7 months ago

I'm pretty sure that is the best non-sequitur I've seen all day.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.