Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Lawhorn's Lawrence: A song from the heart on Mother's Day

Comments

lwendlandt 11 months, 1 week ago

My brother is a true inspiration to everyone that meets him. He is a wonderful reminder of what is good and honest and loving. Most struggle with priorities and balance everyday, but for someone who has struggled his whole life, Cole simply sees every day as a blessing. Everyone who crosses his path is reminded of this by the love that he gives them without any expectation. Everyday, but especially today, I am reminded of what a lovely mother and amazing father Cole and I had, the opportunities that they gave us, the things that they taught us and the love that they always let us know that we had and still do to this day. As our family grew and we added two, incredible step-parents, many great step-siblings and in-laws, Cole has always welcomed all of them with open arms. Happy Mother's Day, and soon Father's Day, to those that create such amazing lives for so many people.

Lawrence Morgan 11 months, 1 week ago

This is a wonderful story for Mother's Day.

Both of my parents, however, are passed away, so I share my mother's day wishes with mothers who currently have children.

I wish, though, I could share these thoughts with other mothers who are often so much on their own. This story might play an important role for someone that neither you nor I know personally.

I was just talking tonight with a friend whose mother passed away when he was 7 years old. It is amazing how much he misses his mother, even twenty years after her death.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.