Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Spring storm leaves cloudy skies with cold, wet conditions

Comments

Steve Jacob 1 year, 7 months ago

One thing for sure, it looks like is a cold, wet, muddy weekend for events like swap meet at the fairgrounds, Art in the Park, and those big out of town swap meets in White Cloud and Sparks.

riverdrifter 1 year, 7 months ago

Refridgeration for morels and keeps the ticks down. Keep looking!

50YearResident 1 year, 7 months ago

The ticks far outnumber the morels right now.

50YearResident 1 year, 7 months ago

Don't worry, the radar indicates that the sleet and snow is taking the Tonganoxie split, again. Rain is going to taper off this afternoon. Unless you live in Tongie...........

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 7 months ago

It is sleeting pretty good now at 2:13pm and it's almost freezing. I would like to see us make a new weather record.

Liberty275 1 year, 7 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

webmocker 1 year, 7 months ago

"Liberty275 5 hours, 57 minutes ago" "This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement."

I cannot grasp what about the posting above was censor worthy. When I read the message it was just something moronic but basically inoffensive about global warming.

Currahee 1 year, 7 months ago

Yup something along the lines of "How's that global warming working" or something like that. Maybe the LJW staff didn't like how they were bringing politics into weather?

bearded_gnome 1 year, 7 months ago

uh, looks like the weather.com/weatherchannel were WRONG in their snow predictions for accuulations!!!!!

sure is yuuuuuuuckckckckckckckckckckckcky out thar!

And if snow does fall, it won't be the latest day in the year that's happened locally, but close. According to the NWS, which keeps such data for the Topeka area, snow fell in the area on May 3, all the way back in 1912.

---freakishly late snowfall, must prove global warming/climate change or whatever they're alling it these days oh but wait, that's pre-major auto carbon emissions and all the supposed carbon into the atmosphere, AlGore, what'll we do???

see how long that'n lasts.
I like weather like this when it doesn't accumulate. we need the moisture. kinda hard on the birds, don't think the ice pellets felt too nice.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.